Anthrocon 2011 Photos
Howdy hi! Well another Anthrocon has come and gone! It was a great time as usual, hanging out with friends, checking out all the fun stuff to do, and wanderin' about Pittsburgh! I took plenty of photos, but thankfully for you, I've tossed most of them and kept the best and/or those of some interest to me. :-) I also have videos, but will need to edit and post them later. Also there's a zip file of the entire thing at the end, if you like.
- The Quick Tour - If you want to see just the best of the best pics, check this one out. And really, you'll find most everything important and a modest sample of the rest. If you're not dying to find that photo of you (or a friend) at the Masquerade or somewhere in the Fursuit Parade, this is probably plenty. You may wish to read the descriptions below though, if want to know what it is you'll be looking at.
- The Full Gallery - Here is the more complete photo gallery, still cut down to the better shots.
- Thursday (June 23rd)
- Friday (June 24th)
- Puppetry Class
- Learning how to do puppetry the professional way.
- MLP Bronies!
- The new My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic (MLP: FiM) series has been a
big hit with all sorts of fans, and those attending Anthrocon were no exception!
In fact, they had to upsize the room because too many people were going to attend,
and even the bigger room filled up and had about twice as many people as there were
- Friday Misc Stuff
- And the rest, are here on.. in this folder. Some various shots from Friday that
didn't fit into any larger group. But does include three of my four big panoramic
shots I did during the con, including a
big arial view
of the dealers room, a
nice shot of the
river and bridges as seen from the convention center, and one of
which is where tons of folks hang out when not doing something else.
- Saturday (June 25th)
- Fursuit Parade
- The biggest collection of pics. I wanted to get in as many people and suits as
possible. And it was quite the sizable parade!
- The Masquerade
- Even longer than the parade, but able to really cut it down to mainly the unique
and interesting pics. Lots of great performances as usual, and generally lots of
fun to watch.
- Uncle Kage Story Hour
- Hour, or so. Uncle Kage does his thing, telling is tales of the cazy things that
he's gone through over the last year, with a packed crowd as usual too.
- Saturday Misc Stuff
- And the "none of the above" pics for Saturday, including my fourth panoramic
photo, of the
- Sunday (June 26th)
- The Zoo, featuring the Tiny Toons Gang
- The official part of the con winds down pretty early on Sunday, but with Anthrocon
the unofficial stuff goes into Monday. As usual, the TTA gang did our Sunday
"dead dog" down at The Zoo. Lots of art drawing, goofing off, and this year the MLP
were running wild, with KT (or KTP - Kinky Turtle Pony, as I was want to call him)
and myself playing around with his collection, or watching the episodes I hadn't seen,
especially thanks to some speakers he had with him, so could hear it over the noise
there! This and the Thursday party are actually my favorite parts of the con, and have
little to do with the con itself. Go figure.
- Sunday Misc Stuff
- And some more misc stuff from Sunday, and actually into early Monday morning. After
hanging out in The Zoo until they closed it up (or we get tired of it being too noisy)
we usually head up to one of the TTA folks' room and finish up our Sunday night dead
dog. Then after that, KT(P) came back with me to my room to say good night to Babs,
Nefaria, and myself. But of course couldn't avoid being silly some more. And KT(P)
also made me a new
drawing of Pinky
Pie and Squirrelly in my sketchbook!
- Post-Con! To Canada!
- Babs Toronto Visit
- No depression here! Went to visit by best friend Babs in Toronto, Canada! I had
been wanting to visit, and Babs could use a ride back from the con, and being at the
con I was already a third of the way there, plus a best friend to share the ride up
with; It was perfect! We jammed to tunes, both hers and mine, on my new car radio
that worked great with both my bluetooth phone's MP3 player, and her iPod. And no
problems at the boarder either.
- The Cats
- Of course visiting Babs meant visiting the kitties, who I also missed.
The white one is Frosty, and the calico is Deana Mew, both of whom had
lived back here in Ohio before Babs moved up to Canada, and the black
Shape(TM) is Rio, Babs's newest kitty. And Frosty used to belong to
another friend of ours, Charlie, when he was our roommate back in Ohio
too, but then had to move out and didn't want to split up him up from his
best friend Deana.
- Miss Car
- Also couldn't miss getting to visit with the lovey and famous
Miss Matilda T. Car! She's so glamorous! Especially after her big role
in the new Cars movie. Oh my!
- Tor Fur BBQ
- And nice timing, while I was up visiting the Tor (Toronto) Furs had a
nice get-together and BBQ.
- Or if you find it easier, just download the entire thing as a zip file and flip through them
with whatever viewer software you like. Just under 50 MB for the entire thing, so not even